WorshipJunky - Recipes
Monday, September 20, 2004
 
Fresh Tuna Cerviche
1 lb sushi grade Tuna
1/4 C minced Red Onion
juice of 3 Limes
1/4 C Cilantro
1 diced Tomatoe
Salt and Pepper

Cube the Tuna in about 1/2 cubes. I use sushi grade tuna because a) I want it very tender and b) I want to be able to eat it raw. When I diced my tuna there were a few cubes that went against the grain somehow - kind of tied to gether with fibers. These were kind of tough and should be avoided.

Mix the Tuna with the other ingredients, squeesing the juice of the 3 lines over them. There should be enough juice so that if pat the mixture flat in a bowl, the juice comes to the top of it. You could probably also put it into a freezer bad and squeeze all the air out.

Let the mixture sit for at least 3 hours to "cure". I let it sit for a few hours and the center of the tuna was still raw. I then refridgerated it over night and ate it about 24 hours after I had made it. The tuna was all "cured" and even people who usually don't like "raw" fish loved it.

The amount of tomatoe, onion and cilantro to use is purely based upon your taste. Play with it. People that normally don't like cilantro also liked it, as the lime juice cut some of the taste and I didn't use tons of it.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger